Boy’s Spring-Summer Capsule Wardrobe
My plan for a boy’s spring-summer capsule wardrobe for my son. Right now we received a number of hand me downs and he has a lot more than this but this is what I would like to whittle it down to – roughly. For both kids’ spring-summer capsules I only focus on enough nice clothes so they can look “presentable” in public – church, dinner out, vacation. I don’t include their muck about clothes that I don’t mind if they get muddy or paint or whatever else. That isn’t to say they never get their nice clothes dirty – they are kids after all.
- Denim jacket: carry over from fall-winter capsule
- Green Yoda t-shirt: carry over from fall-winter/back-to-school capsule.
- Teal-blue t-shirt: hand me down.
- Blue t-shirt: recent thrift purchase.
- Gingham button-down: carry over from fall-winter/back-to-school capsule.
- Pirate tank:
- Navy tank:
- Striped T-shirt: similar colors hand me down polo
- Chambray button-down: carry over from fall-winter/back-to-school capsule.
- Plaid button down:
- Hawaiian button down: carry over from end of last summer.
- Black button down: thrift purchase
- Jeans: one pair carry over from fall-winter/back-to-school capsule.
- Khaki pants: hand me down
- Gray cargo shorts: carry over from last summer
- Gingham shorts: carry over from last summer
- Khaki cargo shorts: hand me down
- Plaid shorts: carry over from last summer
- Swim-suits: two one is a carry over from last summer, one a hand me down.
- Rash guards: white on is a hand me down, looking for a second.
- Sweats: swim cover (for spring swim lessons) carry over from fall-winter capsule.
- Shoes: flip flops – hand me down, sneakers – carry over from fall-winter capsule.
We are in transition right now where we still have all our winter things out and available because it is still possible we could get some winter weather. It is also unseasonably warm right now and we have been needing our lighter summer things. The kids’ closets are overflowing right now. However, some of their fall-winter things are either starting not to fit and are showing some wear. Those items are getting purged or re-purposed into cut-offs or rags.by